Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Holy cow, I don't know how to play on the tabletop. HELP!

I'll be honest, it's been over 20 years since I GMed on the tabletop. I mean the real tabletop. Back then I had an 8088 8 bit computer with CGA graphics and a dot matrix printer that would hang if the PC ran at 10MHz. That is to say we did everything by hand. We drew on this cardboard with 1" squares and a plastic on top. The best I had were my D&D Battlesystem tokens to put characters and armies.

I came back to roleplaying two years ago and haven't stopped using Hangouts for that and Roll20 as a tabletop tool. I've got everything for that, but honestly, I don't have any printed stuff. Nor real life tokens, figures, maps, you name it. I can't play a real life RPG session. I'm not ready. I don't have a clue what to take. If I were to GM a tabletop game today, what's expected of me to bring?

No comments: